I was called by Duke (senior citizen on very limited income) and advised since I had a good history of payment, etc. that they were offering a new monthly-fixed plan of $130.00.

I thought this was great and said. Just received my bill showing that although my actual electric bill was 88.36 since i had entered to this program they charged $130.00 Gross Receipts Tax $3.33; Utility Tax total bill of $143.32. Immediately called them to cancel this fixed plan... and for them to credit the prefixed of 143.32.

They said I still had to pay the 143.32. What a jerk I was. Do not trust these snakes, opportunists, and greedy monsters. Not able to send this note as is because I need more words so I was called by Duke (senior citizen on very limited income) and advised since I had a good history of payment, etc.

that they were offering a new monthly-fixed plan of $130.00. I thought this was great and said. Just received my bill showing that although my actual electric bill was 88.36 since i had entered to this program they charged $130.00 Gross Receipts Tax $3.33; Utility Tax total bill of $143.32. Immediately called them to cancel this fixed plan...

and for them to credit the prefixed of 143.32. They said I still had to pay the 143.32.

Product or Service Mentioned: Duke Energy Electricity Supply.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 23.

Comments