Duke never once sent a final bill to the forwarding address or made any attempt to contact me in 6 years to pay a lousy $127 bill. NOW they decide to ping my credit.

The only reason I found out, was checking my FICO score, I noticed it dropped significantly. Enough for me to be worried and to run my full credit report to check for fraudulence. Come to find out, it was DUKE. $127 in collections.

In 6 years, this would have gladly gotten paid.

At this point in time, I honestly can't remember if this was to be paid out of deposit money put down to get the power initially turned on, or if they were to send a final bill to the new address. Such an insignificant amount of money to hurt someone's credit without any attempt to reach out.

Review about: Duke Energy Customer Care.

Preferred solution: I'll gladly pay the $127 to get DUKE off of my credit history!.

I didn't like: Billing process, Customer service.

Comments

What miserable accounting procedures. Sounds like the State of Ohio ; they let tiny discrepancies go for years then send an inflated tax bill complete with penalties, interest, and threats.

Then they slap a tax lien on before you can respond.

Why they wait years is obvious - to jack up the bill and steal more money as they are psychotic for revenue. And they sit in the luxury of gold and marble palaces in Columbus ( the black hole of Ohio - everything goes in but never comes out ) and their quarter-BILLION dollar old statehouse restoration, enjoying the money the extort from citizens.